Power Wrapping & Unwrapping Tools
Circuit Specialist carries the patented PTX series of power wrapping and unwrapping tools which are lightweight, ergonomic, and ruggedly housed. Ideal for installers, telecom technicians, and other specialists, our high-quality power wrapping and unwrapping tools bring a new level of wire wrapping proficiency and efficiency to power users. We have a complete kit with two batteries, a charger, and a wrapping tool that is housed in rugged ABS plastic and features a high-torque planetary gear drive that enables you wrap eighteen to thirty AWG wires.
The PTX also features a dual-finger short-throw trigger, a long handle to mitigate pressure on the palm to prevent repetitive stresses and a comfort design based on the recommendations of our certified ergonomist. The housing is rugged yet light in weight and includes additional features including a wrap unwrap switch, a high-powered motor for the heaviest gauges of wire and a permanently attached collet nut. Besides being available in both a battery and electric models, the electric PTX Wire Wrapping Tools are available with a unique optional feature known as backforce. *
- * Backforce is a spring-loaded internal device that is utilized to help the operator eliminate excess pressure against connections on critical applications. The succeeding turns of wire being wrapped on the terminal forces the wire wrapping bit rearward against a predetermined spring pressure. This assures that every connection on the panel has been wrapped at the same pressure. The backforce wire wrapping feature is recommended for new users/trainees and is best when used on wire gauges 26 to 30 AWG.
- Ergonomic Design - Minimizes Repetitive Stress
- A 20' Long Power cord
- Rugged Construction for Field Usage
- Battery and Electric Powered Versions Available
- Wraps and Unwraps 18 to 30 AWG Wire
- Rated Maximum Usage: 2,500 cycles/day