Cable Length Meter & Fault Finder VDV501-089
Premium product from KLEIN TOOLS. This is a low cost VDV (Voice /Data/ Video) cable length meter & cable fault finder. Users can determine a cable length up to 1500 feet and determine if a cable is broken or damaged as well as the distance to the fault. Ideal to determine the length of any cable left on a spool or in a box
- Automaticly determines Cable length
- Measure Up to 1,500 ft. (457 meters) on most cables
- Accuracy: Up to±5% and ±1 ft. (.3 meters)
- Will measure paired-conductor cables including video, voice,doorbell,data.siamese,NM and lamp wire
Cable Length Constant
- Six (6) factory preprogrammed cable length constants
- There is also one (1) adjustable "user mode" constant to accomodate cable being tested
- The length constant range is 10 to 40 picoFarad per foot (33 to 132 picoFarad per meter)
Cable Fault Finder
- Verifies that a cable run is compliant and detects cable runs that are not within the specifications
- Easily discovers if a cable run is broken or damaged
- Uses include measuring the remaining cable on a reel or in a box
- Makes cable estimating easier and makes job costing estimates easier
- Measure Cable Length: Automaticly determine cable length up to 1500 feet/457 meters with +/- 5% accuracy and +/- 1 ft. (0.3 m).
- Cable Fault Finder will determine if cable is broken or damaged.
- Manage cable by measuringr remaining cable on a reel or in a box. Simplify cable estimating and provides more accurate job billing.
- Pre-programmed with nominal cable length constants for: RG59 coaxial, RG6 coaxial, RG11 coaxial, CAT3 twisted pair, CAT5e twisted pair and CAT6 twisted pair.
- ''User mode'' lets the user adjust the capacitance/foot constant based on the cable being tested.
- Voltage icon indicates a voltage (up to 20 volts AC or DC) is present in cable being tested and will disable unit.
- Measurement readouts may be switched between metric units and imperial units.
- 2 year factory warranty
- 2.25 inch LCD display
- Auto Power off feature
- 9v alkaline battery. Estimated 425 hrs of active use
- The KLEIN TOOLS VDV501-089 includes:
- 2 alligator clip leads
- 1 RJ-style twisted pair plug
- 1 coaxial F-connector jack
- Battery life: 425 hours of active use. Uses 9V battery
- Dimensions: 4.9" H.X 2.7" W X 1.4" D
2-year limited warranty
†Some products must be specially ordered, usually resulting in a 1–2 business day delay. Please contact us for an estimated delivery date.