In this article, we will go through the CSI-MOT-24 wiring process with a stepper motor drive system and DC motor drive system. Furthermore, this will demonstrate the versatility of the CSI-MOT-24, especially for the electronic hobbyist community.
Table of Content
- Parts list
- What is CSI-MOT-24?
- CSI-MOT-24 connects QJ-215 Stepper Motor Driver
- CSI-MOT-24 connects CSI-MOT-24 DC Motor Driver
- Multitype Motor Controller: CSI-MOT-24
- Stepper Motor Driver: QJ-215
- DC Motor Driver: MTD-01
- Motor: NEMA 11 Stepper Motor,
- DC brush motor LS-00027
- Power source, You can read Choosing a Stepper Motor Power Supply to choose the right power supply for your application. In my case, I used the 50 Volt DC 3 Amp Linear Bench Power Supply, CSI5003XE.
What is CSI-MOT-24?
CSI-MOT-24 multitype motor controller is versatile and useful to have during troubleshooting and building prototypes that involve motor control. The CSI-MOT-24 can connect to a stepper motor driver, or DC motor driver and can be used for servo motor testing.
CSI-MOT-24 connects QJ-215 Stepper Motor Driver
- Connect VC+ and VC- on the CSI-MOT-24 to an 8V power supply.
- Next, connect CP and DIR on the CSI-MOT-24 to the CP and DIR on the stepper motor driver QJ-215 accordingly.
- Connect +5V on the CSI-MOT-24 to the +5V on the QJ-215 to power the driver.
- Connect the VCC and GND on the QJ-215 to a 13V power supply.
- Finally, make sure to connect all ground wires accordingly. This is crucial for the system’s operation.
CSI-MOT-24 connects CSI-MOT-24 DC Motor Driver
- Connect GND on the CSI-MOT-24 to In2 on MTD-01.
- Next, Connect IN1 on the CSI-MOT-24 to the In1 on the MTD-01.
- Connect +24V on the CSI-MOT-24 to the ENA on the MTD-01.
- Next, supply the MTD-01 with a 24V power source.
- Finally, connect the OUT1 and OUT2 to a DC motor such as the LS-00027.
At this point, I hope that I convinced you the CSI-MOT-24 is a versatile testing unit that we found useful during troubleshooting and building prototypes that involve motor control. Especially, the ability to be used as a servo motor testing is underrated. We will cover how to use the CSI-MOT-24 as a servo motor tester in future projects.
For project ideas, check out Top 5 Arduino Project 2021.