Array 3722A Electronic Load
200 Watt, 0-200 Volt and 0-20 Amp Programmable DC Electronic Load
Like many Circuit Specialists products, the Array 3722A is shipped and supported from the USA.
The Array 3722A Electronic Load provides an adaptable and functional test system whenever power sources need to be tested. The Array 3722A programmable DC load is designed to provide high reliability, terrific performance and ease of operation. Multiple functionality is designed in to make this DC electronic load a terrific asset in any setting where power supplies, batteries or any power source must be tested under load. The 24 bit A/D and 17 bit D/A converters incorporated into the design provides this DC electronic load with greatly enhanced setting and measurement resolution. 100kHz D/A conversion rate greatly enhances high-speed performance. The Array 3722A provides up to 20 amps up to 200 volts up to a maximum input of 200 watts. Array is a preferred Circuit Specialists supplier. Over many years, they have demonstrated the ability to provide good, reliable and well designed products. We market their products under their label and in some cases we offer their products with our own label.
The Array 3722A programmable load has four basic functions for test programs: constant current, up to 20 amps; constant voltage, up to 200 volts, constant resistance and constant power, up to 200 watts. The constant resistance mode utilizes improved circuitry to enhance the dynamic response which widens the application scope. The constant power mode allows testing of voltage sources, current sources, and effectively can prevent a short-circuit if insufficient test power is used. These four functions allow eight basic test modes: constant current, low; constant current, high; constant resistance, low, medium and high range; constant power, voltage source mode and current source mode. Beyond these standard tests, there are a few auxilliary functions that allow more specific testing: high speed sequencing, high speed transient, short circuit, and battery discharge.
Due to the power levels involved, the 3722A is packed with protection circuitry including a high-speed, power limiting circuit to limit input power. It also goes into protection mode during over current, over voltage, over temprature and reverse polarity conditions. Also, like most Array products, the 3722A comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
Array 3722A Specifications
- Four basic functions: CC, CV, CR and CP
- Eight basic test modes: CPC, CPV, CRH, CRM, CRL, CV, CCH, CCL
- Minimum operating voltage is less than 0.6V at the load's full rated current
- Features High speed sequence, high speed transient, short-circuit battery discharge and other additional auxiliary functions
- Programmable current slew rate
- Perfect protection for high reliability in the most complicated of test situations
- Multiple groups of settings and lists can be saved and recalled
- Terrific ruggedized build quality
- SCPI (Standard Commands for Programmable Instrumentation) is supported
- Labview is supported
- Optional GPIB (IEEE-488) Interface available
- A high speed power limiting circuit will limit input power rapidly in case of temporary input overload. This allows testing to continue
- The high efficiency intelligent cooling system reduces system temperature to maintain peak performance
- Input binding posts are well designed for high current testing
- High tech ruggedized chassis design with rubber bumpers helps prolong the units service life
- Optimized design for portability
- Logical keypad design provides convenient test operation
- Easy to set parameters coupled with a powerful sequence editing function
- All electronic calibration. (no need to dismantle the chassis to calibrate)
- Firmware updates may be acquired online
For more information, refer to the Array 3722A's Owner's Manual.
For assistance getting started, refer to theArray 372X Series SCPI programming guide.
Here you can download the LabView source code V1.0.
You can update the Array 3722A's firmware, here.
For more information on the many uses of an electronic load check out this link to the CS blog.
1-year limited warranty