METIRI-S2 SMART ENERGY METER - Scientific Model S2
METIRI-S2 SMART ENERGY METER - Scientific Model Version 2
The Metiri-S2 Scientific Model is a smart energy meter that accurately measures DC voltage and current and records this energy over time in a way that you can customize for your application. The Metiri-S2 is an improved model of the original series and has some new and improved features:
- Increased accuracy with a better display
- Current detection range from 0.001A to +/-100.00A (+/-50Adc Imax)
- User settable display field
- USB Data Interface
- The Metiri-S2 can be powered by a laptop or other external USB power source AC adapter or external USB battery (Not included).
- Update the firmware via free bootloader software
- Record data or configure the Metiri-S2 with a serial UART client or via software interface
- Better Wires: The Metiri-S2 now has silicone pure copper wires
- 105/30 or better with high strand count for extreme flexibility
- UL3239 high temp silicone jacket rated to 150°C (302°F)
- 99.9% pure copper wire (tin-plated)
- > 7" wire leads
The Metiri-S2 includes all of the features of the original Metiri-S plus much more.
- Touch sensitive buttons, nothing to break
- MicroSD interface records data into easy to use CSV format
- Better resolution and speed
- Two temperature sensors
- Better Design
- Customizable Main Screen
- Fully Certified to FCC Part 15, Class B for residential or commercial use
- Real time voltage, current, power, and time
- Interactive Energy graph shows energy performance over time
- Solar Power Monitoring
- RC Testing
- Accurate Battery Monitoring
- DC power data acquisition
- Voltage monitoring range: 0* to 60 DC volts.
- Bidirectional current monitoring:**
- -50A to +50A continuous.
- -100A to +100A peak.
- Fully Certified to FCC Part 15, Class B for residential or commercial use.
- Pure copper10 AWG wire and high quality sense resistor qualified to AEC-Q200
- Saves measurements to a micro SD card in CVS format for easy editing. (micro SD card not included)
- Real time voltage, current, power, and count.
- Voltage, Current, and Power minimum and maximum values.
- Interactive Energy graph shows energy collected per hour.
- Self Calibration and data storage control.
AXILLARY USB POWER:
- You can provide axillary power using any 5.0V USB supply.
Power your project using any AC charger, battery pack, or car charger with a USB port.
(No custom cables or power adapters are included)
TOUCH SENSITIVE CONTROL BUTTONS:
- All menu options, features, and tools are accessible using the front interface.
- You can set the energy units that you want to see. Select either Joules, Watt hours, or Ampere hours!
- Perform calibration, reset values, monitor, and record data all with a touch of a button.
RECORD DATA USING A MICRO SD CARD:
- Record voltage, current, and energy over time in a simple to use CSV format. This data can then be easily analyzed in a spreadsheet program. (micro SD card not included
* When auxiliary USB power is plugged in. Otherwise, unit will function with an input voltage of 6 up to 60 Vdc.
** The Continuous Current rating is the current rating the device can sustain. Peak Current is the current rating the device can sustain for 5 seconds. The Recordable Current is the maximum current the device can record. See product SOA (Safe Operating Area) in your product manual for more details.
- Maximum Operating Values
- Voltage Operation Range: +6.5Vdc to +60.0Vdc
- ...with Aux Power Supply: 0.0Vdc to +60.0Vdc
- Maximum DC Current: +/-50Adc sustained
- Maximum Peak Current: +/-100A for less than 3 seconds
- Input Current from Source or Load: 8mA to 149mA*
- ...with Aux Power Supply: <1mA
- Measurement Capabilities
- Voltage Detection Resolution: 10mV
- Current Detection Resolution: 1mA when less than 6.0A; 10mA othewise
- Current Measurement Accuracy: +-20mA
- Sample Resolution: 20Hz (one sample each 50mSec)
- Clock Resolution: +/-0.5%
- Ambient Temperature Range/Resolution: -40°C to 120°C +/-0.1°C
- System Temperature Range/Resolution: -40°C to 120°C +/-0.1°C
- Max Energy Recordable Value: +/-2,147,483,648 Joules (watt seconds)
- Max Clock Recordable Value: 65,536 days
- Recording Capability
- MicroSD Card Size Capability: FAT32, up to 128GB
- SELECT or ENTER Screen Timeout: 10 seconds
†Some products must be specially ordered, usually resulting in a 1–2 business day delay. Please contact us for an estimated delivery date.